Cheap stock photos have nothing to do with buying shares or investing in Wall Street. They are professionally and artistically created by photographers and artists all around the world. The creative community owes them their success in attracting customers, conveying their message, and getting more shares in social media sites. They come with the right license so buyers can use them legally. Some of the most popular shots include city skylines and buildings.
There are many stock photo websites in the market. Some are cheap, while others are expensive. There are also some that gives prices right in the middle.
- Cheap Stock Photos. Some of the most popular cheap stock photo sites include Shutterstock, Depositphotos and Dreamstime. Compared to other stock sites, they offer less expensive pricing and plans. They offer subscriptions and images on demand, too. Determine your creative needs and choose the right plan for your project.
- More Expensive Stock Photos. You may already have an idea which stock sites are more expensive than the others. Want to take a guess? Yes, that’s right! Getty Images and Corbis are two of the most popular stock sites that offer more elite pricing and plans. But they have lived up to their standards, too. Their collection are pristine – filled with very high quality and unique images.
- Average Pricing. If you are looking for something in the middle, you may want to check out iStock. Purchased by Getty Images, it provides creative professionals with a cheaper alternative to the more expensive image selection of Getty. It offers flexible plans that suit every budget, so you can explore millions of high quality images at ridiculously great prices.
Many creative professionals use stock photos to jump-start their projects. Bloggers, web designers and business people alike use cheap stock photos to enhance their work. When you purchase a stock photo, you are also purchasing a license that allows you to use the images legally. There are two common types of license:
- Royalty Free allows you to use the cheap stock photos multiple times without paying for royalties each time you use the image. But there are certain limitations with the license. You should check the terms and conditions in the license agreement to make sure you are not breaking any of them.
- Rights Managed are generally restricted in terms of different factors such as usage, location, duration of using the image and exclusivity.
If you are not sure which license to purchase, check with your cheap stock photo site. They will help you find the best license for your creative needs and budget. Majority of companies who use cheap stock images do not have legal issues. So, you do not have to be scared. When you make a purchase or subscribe to a plan, you will have proof that you have every right to use the images within the context of the license agreement.
Many creative professionals are looking for royalty free photos for blogs, social media, and graphic design. They want to find the right photos that will enhance their project and help convey their message. But, where can you find legally-safe royalty free photos in the Internet? A number of stock sites are available. You just have to find the one that suits your creative needs and budget.
If you are looking for royalty free photos for blogs, you can visit many websites. However, not all of them full cover specific points that are important for blogging. It is important to use photos on your social media accounts. And, you want to be able to use the same photos on your articles. Not all stock photo sites allow this. What you need is a Custom Digital License.
PixelRockstar – a new stock photo site created by Amos Struck and his Stock Photo Press team – offers Custom Digital License. It features over 4 million high quality photos in its library. You can use these photos on any publication you own, including the supporting materials for it:
- Email campaigns
- Social media posts
Take note that Custom Digital License is Digital Use only. You cannot use them in print and physical products. If you are planning to use the photos for your blogs, this is the license for you. You don’t necessarily need to buy royalty free photos for blogs.
Why should you consider PixelRockstar’s Custom Digital License instead of buying royalty free photos for blogs? You can save a lot more on these amazing photos. The stock photo site’s pricing starts at $9 for 10 images. If you have greater creative needs, you’ll be happy to know that you can get one image for only $0.57 each with the Star Package.
Many members of the creative community have come across certain issues when it comes downloading vectors. That’s why Vectorain was built. Stock photo and vectors expert Amos Struck wants to give back to the creative community by starting the website that gives high quality vectors for free. He wants you to skip the following issues and get on with your projects easily and fast.
- Corrupt, broken and incorrectly exported vectors. Have you ever experienced getting these type of vectors? This can be frustrating, especially when you actually paid for them. At Vectorain, all files are hand-checked for quality so you don’t have to deal with corrupt and broken vectors anymore.
- Undesirable content. Some sites have too many advertisements and pop ups. Others redirect you to sites with malware. At Vectorain, you don’t have to deal with all these. All content are hosted locally, so you will find everything you need without going somewhere else.
- Poor search. Have you ever searched for something in a site but you just couldn’t find it? It can be very frustrating, right? Some websites have poor or non-existent search. They are not organized. Keywords are not tagged, which means you have to manually search through the entire library just to find the right vector. Vectorain has integrated search and categories, so you can easily find what you are looking for.
- Poor quality. Some sites do offer free vectors, but they are of poor quality. Some are badly-designed, too. At Vectorain, all files are originally or sale and are of the highest quality.
- Some vectors in the internet many not be compatible with your vector editing software and that can be a problem, especially if you need to alter and modify them to suit your design. All files at Vectorain are in EPS format, meaning they can work well with any editing application.
If you don’t want to deal with these 5 common issues, you should check out Vectorain. The site offers the highest quality at completely no cost. Visit their website get free vector images.
Rights managed license is one of the most commonly used licensing models in the stock photo industry. It is very different from royalty-free in terms of usage and pricing. It provides specific, per-use rights to use an image and is also time and geographically limited. Oftentimes, it provides exclusive rights during the licensed period. So if you want to extend the use of the image at a different time and location or use it in a different way, you need to acquire a new license.
The price for rights managed license depends on the specified use. Sometimes, it can be affordable. Other times, it can be very expensive. Due to its more detailed buying process and specific rights, this type of license tend to be less widely used. For the same reason, it also does not have a lot of duplicates in use. This means you do not have to worry about visiting a website – especially your competitor’s – and finding the same image.
To purchase a rights managed image, you need to specify details such as:
- Image size and resolution
Typically, the larger the size and the higher the resolution mean the pricier the image. It is important to specify them to make sure you are getting the right image for your creative project. You do not want to spend money on an image you cannot use because it does not suit your creative needs.
- Geographical area where the photo will be distributed
Rights managed license can be used on a specified location. You need to determine where you want it to be distributed so you won’t break any restrictions. For instance, if you specified that the image will be used in North America, you cannot use it anywhere else. If you want to, you should get another license for an additional fee.
- Medium in which the photo will be distributed
Where will the image appear? If you will be using the image on print, you need to specify that too. You cannot use images licensed for web purposes only on brochures, fliers and other print materials. If you do, you will be in serious trouble.
- Length of time it will be used
Rights managed license allows an image to be used on a certain length of time. You need to specify the duration of your use as it also has an impact on the cost of the image. If you get the license to use the image in a year, only use the image within that time to avoid legal issues.
Other details you should specify when purchasing a rights managed image include volume of copies, purpose of the image, and exclusivity rights. You also need to clarify if you intend to use the image for commercial purposes. In this case, the image will have to include model and property releases, and other appropriate documents.
While royalty-free stock offers great value, there are a number of reasons why you should choose rights managed photos instead. This type of photo license holds its respective place in the field. Surely, there is no right or wrong when choosing between royalty-free and rights managed, but the latter provide a higher level of protection that you cannot have with the former. Here are 5 main reasons why you should choose the RM photos:
- Higher Quality. Rights managed photos usually have higher quality than its royalty-free counterparts. Why? It’s because photographers tend to sell their works under RM so they can have control over how their photos are being used. Moreover, the topics and shots are not common and easy with this type of photo license.
- Reduces Imitation. Imitation is a fact of life, especially with industry leaders. Advertisers, editors and designers all follow style and trend closely. Trendy and current styles get a lot of play, putting them at higher risk for overexposure. When it comes to stock photos, buyers in similar fields can search for similar keywords that will lead them to the same search results. This can lead to overall exposure of a specific image, most especially the best ones as they will be naturally selected more often.
- Exclusivity. Purchasing the exclusive rights of stock photos may cost more, but you can justify the higher price by reducing the risk of a similar image being used by your competitors. With an exclusive license, you can gain assurance against duplication as the rights managed photos can only be used by the buyer.
- Protection. RM photos protect you. Since the contributor is aware of your intended use for the image, he or she can make you aware of any likely conflicts in the use of his or her photo. You can bypass the brand confusion by making use of this type of photo license.
- Reuse of the Same Image. Once you purchase RM image, you will be guided on how, where and when you can use the image. You can be assured that no one will cash in by using the same image. Unlike its royalty-free counterpart, there are certain limitations on the number of times the image can be used.
There are many other reasons why you should choose rights managed photos over royalty-free. They have wider range of topics. They are sold by top photographers. They weed out inferior images. They are cheaper than commissioned work. And, they are not always expensive. It is no wonder that rights managed continues to be the number one choice for professionals. Royalty-free generally appeals to small players, but RM offers a number of good advantages that should not be overlooked.
Shutterstock is a global technology company that has been providing the creative community with high quality royalty-free images and innovative tools to power the creative process. It has even expanded its portfolio to offer a more diversified collection, so you will surely find everything you need for your creative projects. With subscriptions and images on demand for every budget, all you have to worry about is downloading.
The stock photo website has partnered with Stock Photo Secrets to provide new and exclusive Shutterstock coupons 2016. The promo gives you 15% off on all image subscriptions and 10% on all footage subscriptions. It is only valid through June 30, 2016 so you need to hurry and redeem it here. We recommend choosing the yearly subscription to get the best value for your money. More importantly, make sure you copy the code before you click “Redeem Here”.
Plans and Pricing
Shutterstock offers amazing royalty-free images at simple pricing. You can sign up a free count to access the stock site’s vast collection of over 70 million stock images and create/share unlimited lightboxes.
- The Basic subscription includes 5 images or 25 images that must be downloaded within one year of purchase. It includes a Standard license and is the perfect solution for occasional creative needs.
- The Professional subscription gives you access to the entire Shutterstock collection and has no daily download limits. You can choose between a monthly and annual plan, which both include a Standard license. With 350 or 750 monthly or annual download limits, it is the perfect solution for large amounts of image needs.
- The Team subscription is perfect if you are working with a small number of people. It includes 750 images per month with prices varying on the number of users. It also includes a Standard license which allows you to use the images in any project for as long as you like.
Why Choose Shutterstock?
Shutterstock has a vast collection of over 70 million high quality royalty-free images, with 50,000 more added everyday. It also features innovative tools that help you find what need easily and fast. It accepts all payment types, and has a subscriptions and images on demand for every budget. Standard and Enhanced licenses are available, which offer many advantages over other stock photo websites. Furthermore, it offers Shutterstock coupon codes to give you further discounts.
Are you looking for a stock photo website that offers high quality images at great prices? Well, you found it! Shutterstock does not only have a vast library of premium stock images and flexible rates, but coupon codes as well. What are you waiting for? Subscribe to a plan and get the new and exclusive Shutterestock coupons 2016 from stockphotosecrets.com.
The Dollar Photo Club closing is upsetting many creative professionals around the world. May the expired members have a seamless transition to Adobe Stock and may they find a worthy alternative to their beloved stock photo website.
Are you one of the holders of a Dollar Photo Club account? If you are, you should have decided between migrating to Adobe Stock and finding a better alternative by now. If you have not found your next primary stock site yet, check out 99 Club. It is the best alternative to Dollar Photo Club if you want affordable images and the same experience, but double the number of royalty-free images in any size for the same cost. Here are some of its features that make it worthy of your time and money:
- 99 Club allows you to download stock images in any size for the same cost. You can choose among small, medium and XXL, whichever fits your creative needs and budget.
- All image downloads come with a royalty-free license. You can use the image in any project for as long as you like. They do not expire, too. You can use them forever.
- It involves one-time payment with no auto-renew features. You do not have to worry about license fees along the road. The stock photo site will not automatically renew your membership after one year as well.
- It is here to stay. Unlike the Dollar Photo Club, 99 Club will be around for ten years or so. You do not have to worry about it closing anytime soon.
- It has a continually growing collection. Currently, it already has over 4 million royalty-free images in its library. 60,000 to 80,000 more images are added every month.
- It is simple to use and search friendly. You do not have to worry about navigating the website. It also has simple and easy to understand terms and conditions.
- It has one of the lowest price per image. The 99 Club membership is $99 per year. It allows you to download 200 images of any size. If you need more, you can always purchase additional images for 99 cents each.
- There are no download limits. You can download images over a month or all in one day if you want.
- You can use the images commercially. All model and property releases have been signed. All you need to do is download.
These features make 99 Club a good Dollar Photo Club alternative. It gives you more for you money without the troubles of migrating to Adobe Stock. Owned by Stock Photo Secrets, you do not have to worry about your membership expiring anytime soon. Stock Photo Secrets have been around the business for over ten years and has no plans of closing out their websites. 99 Club has only limited slots for members, so join today.